July 21, 2010

Disqus

A few days ago I was chatting with someone on my blog and found out that the comment system I had wouldn't quite let you post a comment.  The captcha you were required to fill out wasn't working correctly and the box you were supposed to type it into wasn't there.  I decided I will use Disqus instead, I use it for another one of my sites and thought it would be easy enough.  For the most part it was, but I came to one small problem; previously the bar on top of a post would look something like this:


The number of comments would be shown, but when I added Disqus, the numbers would remain the same even if there were more comments.  For example, when I clicked the "comments (1)" link it showed me two comments.



I knew I couldn't just leave it like that so i tried to fix it, but I could not.  I tried for a long time to fix it to no avail.  I finally just decided to take off the comments thing, but then I realized I could just make it say "Comments," so I made it like that.  However it would still be nice for it to show the number of comments there are so if you might know how to fix this, please tell me.

THE CODE
If you are interested in helping me, here is the code that was the default:
<SPAN class='comment-count'>
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType != &quot;item&quot;'>

<b:if cond='data:post.allowComments'>
<A class='comment-link' expr:href='data:post.addCommentUrl' expr:onclick='data:post.addCommentOnclick'>
<b:if cond='data:post.numComments == 1'>
<data:top.commentLabel/> (1)<b:else/><data:top.commentLabelPlural/> (<data:post.numComments/>)
</b:if>
</A>
</b:if>
</b:if>

</SPAN>
</DIV>
Here is the code that is currently being used for it:


<SPAN class='comment-count'>
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType != &quot;item&quot;'>


<b:if cond='data:post.allowComments'>
<A class='comment-link' expr:href='data:post.addCommentUrl' expr:onclick='data:post.addCommentOnclick'>Comments
</A>
</b:if>
</b:if>


</SPAN>

Top of Page

No comments:

Post a Comment