July 18, 2010

WhiteSmoke

Have you ever heard of WhiteSmoke?  Well, if you haven't then here is my understanding of it: it is a program similar to Microsoft Word, only it is supposed to be excellent at perfecting any mistakes that you might make.  Anyways, I got this email from them advertising an Outlook add-in of theirs and they gave an example of how it works; you have a poorly written email, you click the "T-Gen" (The name of the add-in) button and a message appears showing you how many mistakes you made then fixes them.  The example they gave just shows how horrible their add-in is and probably Outlook alone could fix everything that the "T-Gen" did.  Here is a picture:
Notice how the last sentence of the final email says, "it very important!"  Now I don't know about you, but I certainly think that the program didn't work to well on fixing that because "it very important" just sounds like baby-talk.  The "i" in "it" isn't even capitalized!  I can't believe that WhiteSmoke actually sent this email out to everyone who is subscribed to their mailing list.  It is quite embarrassing if you ask me. 

Top of Page

No comments:

Post a Comment