June 5, 2010

How To Get People To Stay On Your Blog

Alright so I am going to tell you how to get people to stay on your blog, and by this I mean to get them to finish reading a post, not to continue checking back to your blog everyday or something like that, but instead answer some basic questions like "Why do people come to my blog and immediately get off?"  and "How do I get people to stay on my blog for longer time frames?"  Well when you have a blog post and it is titled with a question, I will take the question "What is the best time of day to workout?"  If I were to title a blog post like that and write a few paragraphs about it, I would want people to actually read it, not just come in get the answer and then get off.  For example the other day, I Googled that question and one of the first links I came to was a blog sort of site, it had the question, then the answer and then a few paragraphs about it.  But all I wanted was the answer, so as soon as I read the first line, it said, "Whenever you are most awake."  That was the answer, that was all I went to the site to get so after I read the first sentence, I just closed it out, but I saw that there were a few more paragraphs about it, but I didn't care to read those because all I wanted was an answer and that is what I got.  So I was on the page for a  whole 10 seconds maybe, but when you get people to visit your blog you don't want them on for only 10 seconds, you want them on for a longer time.  So this is what you do: you simply put the paragraphs that you want to write about your answer first, and then put the answer at the bottom, that way the visitor reads the full blog post because they don't want to miss the answer so they just read until they find the answer.  And it works, look right now, you just read this whole post to get that answer I just gave you.  So congratulations on your new found technique.

Top of Page

No comments:

Post a Comment